Monday, July 24, 2017

Christmas 2015


Christmas in July!! Yeah, still behind on the blogging.... but I am determined to catch up. Honestly I do it to have the memories for myself and family, of course, so that they know we are having the time of our lives. And that we are still alive....

Since we went to KC and Jordan's wedding in Arizona, we spent Christmas in California. It was our second Christmas in California and I am still bummed that there is no snow here. Except I am way glad there is no snow here after Christmas is over.... so sort of a win for me in the end.

We didn't get a Christmas tree the year before, and I didn't think that we would get one this year. Not because we were Grinches, but because our apartment is so small. Kaleb was the one to bring it up, and said that we should just a super small tree just to bring in the holiday cheer.

Whelp... we didn't really have a way to get the tree home, but we made do. 


It fit perfectly!


Isn't it the cutest little tree!!


We literally had no Christmas decorations at all, so once we got the tree all set up and situated I ran to Target and spent like ten dollars or so on lights and ornaments. I tried to find a tree skirt but those are super expensive! So we used a red towel instead. You can't even tell.... I shouldn't have told you.


I don't know why, but we kind of started the tradition of watching The Polar Express the night we put up the tree. Kaleb thinks its ridiculous... but is a good sport and "watches" it along with me. I think this is the 4th year we've watched it.


Because we are adults.... and like to make our own decisions.... this year our big presents were opened the weekend of Thanksgiving.... yeah we suck. I think this is the 3rd year that we have opened our gifts early. But this is definitely the earliest! 

Kaleb knew that he was getting a PS4 and his best friend, Nate, just got one on Black Friday and was trying to convince me to just let him open it early so that he could play with Nate. I kept saying no but he persisted. Nate was expecting a baby at the beginning of the year and he wouldn't be able to play as much after Christmas. I finally caved and I got to open my complete set of Little House on the Prairie early as well. 

It may sound like we spoiled Christmas but I am so glad that I let him have it early to get to play. We all know that once you have a kid life gets chaotic and you hardly have time for yourself.

Also, I am super glad that I kept a journal of this.... otherwise I may have not remembered.


On Christmas Eve we watched Christmas movies and played a round of Scrabble. Which was a lot harder than I remembered but so much fun!

We stayed up until 3:30 that night! Crazy! The best thing about opening presents early is actually being able to sleep on Christmas Eve. Wait, who am I kidding, I didn't sleep at all!


We had some little gifts still to unwrap and presents from the family as well, super comfy socks and some bathroom products from Hawaii! Don't tell Kaleb I posted this picture... but dang, he definitely should be a model.

We definitely had a great Christmas and I'm so glad that I got to spend it with Kaleb.

December 25, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment