Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The Getty

I've had quite a few clients get "mad" at me because I hadn't been to The Getty or The Getty Villa. They always go on and on about how gorgeous it is, and that the cafe is amazing. We decided to check it out on Mother's Day. 

We took Sunset Blvd all the way there, it was Beautiful! I had driven this way before for an event, but it was new for Kaleb. There are so many different trees and awesome landscapes!

It took us awhile to finally park, who knew that it would be busy on Mother's Day. I guess we chose the wrong day. 

Once parked we got in line to get on the trolley that takes us up to the top of the hill to The Getty.


It was a very gorgeous view all the way up.


We were both in AWW! The building was amazing!!! Already I was falling in love with the art! The architecture was incredible, and the white stone was so clean and perfect!
 

There were so many different buildings and things to look at we didn't really know where to go and what to do, so we mostly just followed the crowd.
We first went into an art gallery. Kaleb and I aren't so much into the arts so we didn't really know how to appreciate it too much, so we stuck to the art outside.


There was an amazing garden! There weren't that many flowers and the grass wasn't as green, some signs said that they are trying to conserve water for the drought. So hopefully the drought ends soon so we can go when it is in full bloom!


Again, Kaleb and I aren't so great at enjoying some art pieces, so some of them were a little odd to us.


The Getty overlooked Los Angeles and there were city views all around us.


There was a nice wading area for the kids to get their feet wet on the hot summer day!


A cute little zig zag walk from the garden back up to the building.


They had a little creek running zig zag as well.


I don't know why, but I loved this stair case. It definitely could have been the stone it was made out of! We both loved it so much!


We walked around for quite a while and still didn't see it all. I have heard that The Getty Villa in Malibu is just as pretty. We still haven't gotten to it but want to very badly! 

After The Getty we decided to try a new restaurant. While Kaleb was driving around, I was looking up restaurants. Crazy that we can do that on our phones now. We decided on Chinese and I found a place that had amazing reviews. The only thing was that it was in a sketchy part of town. Kaleb and I decided that we needed to face our fears and just go for it, plus we were super starving.

We got it to go so that we wouldn't have to stay there long, but the employees were extremely welcoming and sweet! The food was very well priced and tasted super delicious! Best ham fried rice that I have had!


We had tons of left overs! Which is great, because then we can have it for lunch the next day!

It was such a fun day, and of course, the weather was beautiful! 
May 10. 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment