Thursday, December 31, 2015

Ostriches and Port Towns

Remember the post I did a couple weeks back about Solvang? I am finally going to finish the rest of the adventure!
Three miles away from Solvang is Ostrich Land! Not kidding! Who knew there was such a thing! As soon as I heard about it I knew that we had to go. Kaleb, yet again, didn't know where we were going, until he started seeing signs for it. He thought I was crazy, but also was excited. 
We paid a small few to get in and get feed for the Ostriches. 
They were crazy! And Awesome! It was so fun to feed them!!


Here are a couple videos of the crazy birds!



They give you a warning to hold onto the pan tight! They are right! They will knock it right out of your hands if you don't!


They also had emus, they were also just as crazy!!



And baby emus! They were so cute and fluffy!!


Couldn't resist taking a picture of the sign!


Once we were done feeding them, we went on our way to Santa Barbara. This time Kaleb knew where we were going to he took a turn driving. The drive was BEAUTIFUL!! There was a nice glaze of fog over the city as we drove over the mountain into Santa Barbara.


Unfortunately, it was a little too breezy to get into the water. It was still nice to enjoy the sail boats on the waters, though.


There were so many of them! It made us super jealous! One day we will have to take a sail boat out!


We walked down to the pier to see all the boats. There were so many of them docked! It was fun to read some of the names people had given their boats. I am bummed that I forgot them, I will I would have written some down.


It was a pretty sunny day, too bad the wind was blowing!


There were a few sand sculptures that people had created! There was a giant, super detailed mermaid, they were asking for money to take a picture of it. We didn't have any cash on us so I didn't get to take a picture of it


As soon as we walked under these palm trees, I knew it was a perfect picture opportunity!


On our way home we passed Santa Claus Lane!! I was super excited! One day we will have to drive down it! It's probably super decorated around Christmas time!


It was such a fun filled day! The best part was surprising Kaleb! We had a blast together!!
March 29,2015

No comments:

Post a Comment