Monday, September 12, 2016

Kody and Kailey's Wedding

Kody (Kaleb's brother) and Kailey got married August 7, 2015. Kaleb and I drove the 9 hours to Utah  for the weekend to be able to celebrate their special day. I don't know why do that drive... we say we are never going to do it again every time we drive it. But we always end up driving it again.
The sky was a little gray, luckily it only rained a little after the ceremony. And most everyone had an umbrella. It cleared up just enough for pictures! Yay!


While everyone was taking pictures, Kaleb and I enjoyed the company of the cute nephews! They cracked us up all day! Aren't their outfits so cute!


We went to lunch with Melanie's parents and brother's family at Texas Roadhouse. I can never get enough of those rolls and honey butter! 
After, we went to the mall with Kevin, Tammy and the Heaps. The boys had tons of fun with the little rides. Unfortunately the marry-go-round was not in service at the time, but I still think they had fun.


We tried to keep the busy boys entertained. They have an endless amount of energy!


We went to take a nice picture, but Kody thought that since it was his wedding day he had to be the center of attention at all times.


And of course we had to take a million pictures to make sure we got everyone looking. I think I have 10 of each photo, I feel like I'm at the eye doctor. "Which one is better, one or two, two or three."



We don't dress up much, so when we do I always have to make sure we get a picture. That way our kids will know we were good looking.


I know Melanie loved this picture.... Kody I'm not so sure....


The boys, and me, loved that they served chocolate milk and cinnamon rolls. I ate way too many. Brittany was so cute cutting up the cinnamon rolls, knowing if they ate too much they would have sugar rush. Easton had to make sure he got every lot drop of frosting.


Kaleb and I tried to entertain the boys while Brittany and Todd said their goodbyes. A camera is always a good thing to help entertain. We told them to act like Hulk, or a monkey. I got a lot of good photos and a lot of blurry ones, but here a couple cute ones of them.



Kaleb and I hadn't eaten since Texas Roadhouse, besides the cinnamon rolls, and were starving. During the reception we made a quick trip to Arby's with David and Beck. It was raining cats and dogs outside! It was insane! But I loved it. Coming from California we don't see much rain so we enjoyed it while it lasted.

We stayed the weekend with Brittany and Scott in their spare room. Her boys Stockton and Paxton are also a hoot. We got the whole family together and roasted marshmallows and Brittany had a ton of candy bars to choose from. She is always prepared. 

Kaleb and I had fun running around the yard with the boys. We played baseball and soccer with Stockton, Paxton and Judson. Later, we played dress up, not the girly kind, they have awesome super hero outfits and dinosaur hats!


Melanie has let us store some of our things in her basement so we took a quick trip over to her house to grab some things and got this great picture!


Our way home was quite the adventure! When we were just about to Vegas, I was driving and a bored came flying off of a semi truck and was just inches away from hitting us straight on! Right before Prim it was stop and go traffic, and right before getting into the LA valley area was stop and go. I believe it took us 13-14 hours to get home. We were so tired!


The trip was well worth it though! The wedding was beautiful and it was so nice getting to see everyone again!
August 7, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment